A new term is well underway, and so is my Interpretive Visualization course where we will be introduced to conventions of storyboarding and pre-production processes.
For our first assignment, we were to capture the essence of our project's message in under seven words. These words were chosen: Cancer initiates an intensifying triage of pains.
The essence or spirit of my message was then to be visualized as a metaphor in the form of a slide show containing 10-15 original photographs. Here, I present to you my slideshow as a narrated video, "The unruly victorious" (Video 1).
Caution to viewers: Before jumping to the play button, allow me to explain that the metphor seen here greatly differs from what may be expected given the style and even apparent metaphors in my previous entries. It was my opinion that this exercise was designed to get our creative juices running and does not necessarily indicate in anyway how my final product will look. I was at first intent on showing humans pillaging the earth of undeserved rewards; I would take photos reminiscent of Tolkien's descriptions of the great mines of the dwarven races. My hopes to capture my own Mine of Moria, were unfortunately cut short when I realized that there were no such location in the heart of Toronto... Thus I was left with only the option of creating a series of stills that were utterly anti-environmentalism, a complete 180ยบ from my original ideas.
Video 1. The unruly victorious.
Quick guide:
Perfection = Homeostasis
Imperfection = Pain/Pathos
Man made structures = Bone
Organics/Plants = Cells
Weeds = Cancer
Gardener aka June = Immune cell
Leaves/foliage = Chemical factors
No comments:
Post a Comment